This dish is best discribed as a savoury "rice-pudding". It makes a tasty lunchtime dish, or, if you're one of the converted, a nice breakfast dish to see you through the rest of the day.
- 1 Chicken (approx. 800 gr.)
- 1½ Ltr. water.
- 400 gr. Rice.
- 2 Tbs. Chinese light Soy.
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- salt & pepper to taste Garnish:
- Chopped Parsley or Coriander leaf.
- Omelet strips (made from 2 eggs)
- Bawang goreng. (deef fried Onions)
Quarter chicken and put with water on low flame for 1 hour to make stock. Remove chicken.
Put the crushed shells from the eggs used for the omelet in the stock and stir well,on low flame, for a minute. Pass stock through a muslin cloth to clarify.
Wash the rice and boil in the stock for ½ hour until done. (must be sticky and thick).
Add the soy, garlic, salt, pepper and shredded chicken and simmer for a further 15 Minutes.
Decorate with omelet, onions and parsly or coriander. serve hot.
Image © Sakurai Midori