You probably think about one thing day and night if your business has an active online presence: improving your search engine ranking. Since it is the holy grail, it is the ultimate goal to achieve.
When playing in such a competitive environment, you need to use every tool in your arsenal in order to win, and that’s why we’re going to walk you through all the wonderful areas of backlinks. Do you know what a backlink is? Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the process or go to blackhatlinks.com to know more about buying backlinks!
Quality backlink building: 4 rules
- Do not compromise on relevance: Could it be too ambitious? Google will not approve. The cardinal rule of link building is not to sacrifice relevancy. Google determines the relevance of domains based on three things: Relevance of the backlinks on the domain, the theme of the linking domain, and the content of the linked page.
- You can always count on authority sites: Let’s stick with this wedding analogy. There are two recommendations for caterers your aunt gives you- one from her experience as a wedding planner and from her 16-year-old nephew. Who should you choose?
- Make sure you pick active sites: Building backlinks with active sites with real traffic will benefit you (after all, it will only be valuable if people actually visit the site). To do this, we recommend using tools like SimilarWeb or SEMrush, both of which analyze web traffic for other websites.
- Be careful of spam sites: Your website’s ranking will be affected if it links to shady websites. Link building should be focused on establishing backlinks from trusted and popular sites (do not accept links to sites that contain the words “online poker” or “click here for free games”).
Where can I get backlinks?
By now, you should have a better understanding of the types of backlinks you need to establish. Finally, let’s get down to business: learning how to create these links.
- The most important thing you’ve learned from this post is probably that Google dictates the rules. So you should stay up-to-date on Google’s current algorithms, and the company’s search engine ranking mission for the next few years.
- Build a site architecture that makes it easy for people to navigate through your site. User-friendliness will be enhanced, leading to external sites linking to your site.
- You’ll never have a successful SEO strategy if you fail to put the right type of content on your website. If you do not have relevant content on your page to hold everything together, even the best architecture and the best backlinks will be useless. The search began because of content, according to Lee Odden from TopRank Marketing. To only build backlinks to sites with optimized content should be a strict rule.
- Knowing your audience is crucial for building a solid link-building strategy. For example, learning the demographics of your audience (their age, gender, location, education, interests, etc.) will enable you to build relevant content and backlinks with sites they’re more likely to visit. Are you unsure of your site’s target demographic? You may want to check out an online tool such as Quantcast.
- You can do this by writing regularly for local, national, or PR websites about your business and any new products/services you’re going to launch. Also, you can guest blog for other platforms, from which you can naturally link back to your own page.